Its all about conditioning. You are what you are because of the the conditioning at home- to a large extent. A lot of what you were exposed to in your childhood remains with you. Just think of all the good things you were introduced to as a child and as you grew up how these little nothings grew on you and stayed with you, as a habit.
So just imagine the impact children this generation will have on growing up, if you give them the gift of green. Catch them young, and inculcate green habits today, and secure a beautiful world for them. Teach them to love, nurture and appreciate. Here are my top 5 green things to do with your child –
1. Put together a garden kit with a little pot, a small shovel, a few soaked bean sprouts and soil. Get them to plant the sprouts in the soil. teach them to water every day. And watch with wonder, the amazement in their eyes when they see the sprouts sprout!
2. Give a weekly prize for saving paper.
3. Encourage them to use a slate for practicing their alphabets.
4. Teach them not to waste. Not with a scolding, with a story may be? (Remember, your mom scolded you for wasting, but it had little impact on you 🙂 )
5. Recycle your toys – donate them, pass them over to friend’s kids, exchange toys your child is bored of with other kids’ toys. Am sure mothers will be more than willing to do this instead of making weekly/fortnightly shopping rounds at toy shops.
5. And last but most certainly not the least, buy them eco-friendly toys.
These are little things, but remember these things will amount to big changes in future.
Contributed by The Ketchup Girl